Sunday, September 18, 2011


   Evening found Kathy and Nick curled up on the couch. “I wish you’d give up that damn job before it kills you. It’s not like we need the money. Every night could be as wonderful as this one.”
   “It’s a nice dream Kathy, but what would I do when you’re on location? I can’t spend the rest of my life chasing you around the world. Police work is in my blood, just like acting is in yours. It doesn’t seem like we’ll ever have anything more than we do now.” Nick got up and paced around the room before rejoining Kathy back on the couch. “I need more, Kathy. We’ve been playing house for five years. Maybe it’s time to make some choices. I’m in my forties; I don’t have the luxury of your youth.”
Kathy’s silence said more than words could. 
   “Can’t we talk about this in the morning when we’re more rested? I think it’s been a long day for the both of us,” she whispered in his ear. She stood up and flashed him that killer smile that made him putty in her hands. She had become very skilled at avoiding the subject of commitment. She reached out her hand and led him boldly into the bedroom. Nick was too tired to argue with her. He knew he was fighting a losing battle but what a way to go.
   “I bet you had some pretty little nurse help you with this,” she teased as she unbuttoned his shirt.
   “I can’t help what happens when I’m unconscious.” Nick smiled.
   “You are so bad.” She ran her hands over his scarred flesh, kissing each one as she went. Each one of those hurt her as much as they had him. The only thing she wanted now was to make the pain stop for the both of them. She unfastened his pants and let them fall to the floor. Kathy slowly took off each piece of her clothing until nothing remained but that glorious body he craved. Kathy moved in close and pressed her soft warm body against his hard muscular one; they fell back gently onto the bed.
   “Isn’t that what you love about me, baby?” He needed her so desperately his whole body ached. He leaned forward to taste her lips; a searing pain shot through his body. “I’m sorry baby, this isn’t going to work.” He fell back onto the bed.
   “Do you want me, Nicky?” She murmured.
   “What a crazy thing to ask, you know how much I do,” he said, pulling her down on top of him. His mouth came down on hers, demanding a response she willingly gave. “It’s been so long, baby; I wish I could show you.” He needed to possess and be possessed by her.
   Nick watched as Kathy in all her naked glory left the room. He closed his eyes. It looked like he was going to be sleeping alone tonight. Kathy came back and crawled on top of him. “Take this sweetie,” she said, handing him his pain medication.
   “It’s a great idea, but all this is going to do is put me to sleep.”
    “Let me make love to you, Nicky.”

No comments:

Post a Comment